The holidays are right around the corner. Do you know what gifts you’re giving your friends and family? Some of the most underrated but highly impactful gifts are not material items or experiences—they’re the building blocks for a healthy and happy life! Health supplements might not be the first thing that comes to mind when you consider gifts, but they are actually a very meaningful idea!
Even supplement gifts require thought and planning, though. If you have a list of people you still need to shop for and think supplements will be a great gift choice, use this guide to help you pick the perfect ones.
Why give supplements as gifts?
You might be wondering why anyone would want supplements as gifts to begin with. When you really think about it, though, supplements are a wonderful way to show your loved ones that you care about their health and happiness. Finding and gifting supplements that match your family member’s or friend’s lifestyle shows that you put thought, time and effort into their gift and sends the message that you care about them.
- Great for everyone: One of the great things about supplements is that they fall under the health and wellness umbrella but can be tailored to your loved one’s specific needs. One website or store can provide gifts for everyone on your list, but the ones you choose will still be selected just for them.
- Give more than material items: For many people, gift giving around the holidays is challenging because they don’t want to buy just another “thing” that gets stuck on a shelf a few weeks later. If you want to get a gift your loved ones can actually use and get benefits from, supplements are a great choice!
- Make a major impact: Another fantastic thing about supplement gifts is that they offer benefits that last way longer than the holidays. Supplements are designed to bolster people’s health, wellness or beauty, and those effects can have a big impact on their lives.
Choosing the perfect supplement gifts for your loved ones
If you’ve decided to pick a few supplements for your loved ones this holiday season, you might be unsure of where to start. The very first thing you should do is think about who you’re buying supplements for. What age group are they in? Do they have specific healthcare needs? Do they have any special interests that supplements might help?
Do this for every person on your list to ensure you’re choosing the right gift. For example, if you have a niece or nephew who’s in college, a supplement designed for focus and concentration might help them with their studies. If your mom is experiencing insomnia, an herbal sleep supplement would be a good choice. If your partner is into fitness, a collagen supplement might enhance their workout performance.
There might not be a specific supplement that’s perfect for everyone, though, and that’s okay! A few types of supplements are great choices for almost anyone in your life and might improve their wellness in a holistic way. Stress-relieving supplements are sure to be appreciated by every hard-working loved one, and immune supplements are the perfect pick for everyone in the middle of cold and flu season.
What’s most important is that you take time to consider the lifestyles and needs of your loved ones to determine which types of supplements would benefit them the most. This alone will show them that you put thought and effort into selecting something that will help them.
Tips on finding and gifting supplements
With a general idea of which supplements you’re looking for, the next step is to head online or in store to choose the right brand and formulation. Use these tips to aid you in the process.
- Consider their needs: Any time you’re shopping for a supplement for someone else, keep their unique health and lifestyle needs at the forefront. Be mindful of allergies, medications and other things that might prohibit them from taking a certain kind of supplement.
- Do your research: Whenever you purchase a supplement, it’s very important to look into the product and the brand behind it. Investigate the reliability of the brand, where they source their materials from and whether or not they conduct third-party testing on their products. Also check out the ingredients for every product to make sure they’re intended to do what they claim.
- Read reviews: Online reviews from past customers can help you determine whether a supplement is reliable, safe and effective. Keep in mind that this is anecdotal evidence. However, lots of bad reviews are usually a good indicator to stay away.
Once you’ve found supplements for your loved ones, think of creative ways to gift them! Lone supplement bottles make great stocking stuffers, and multiple supplements can be combined into a gift basket or “wellness bundle” your loved ones can unwrap.
No matter which supplements you give or how you give them, enjoy spreading love, health and cheer this holiday season.